The Spanish Non lucrative Residency permit (Non working visa for Spain)



Non-EU nationals who wish to establish their residence in Spain, but do not wish to work, do businesses or purchase a property in Spain. It is for business people or leisure travelers wanting to travel in, out and throughout Europe (Schengen Area).
The permit grants all the privileges available to European residents, and offers the possibility to apply for permanent residency and citizenship after the required years of residency in Spain.
This type of residence permit does not allow to work or do business in Spain.


Our Network of Abogados is  formed by qualified and verified professionals with a broad experience in immigration. They will assist you in the process of obtaining your Spanish Residency, advising and assessing you on the most suitable option, based on the requirements and your specific needs and situation. They will provide legal, tax and financial advise on your investment, and will guide you through the entire process.


• Your direct family members can also apply for this permit

• Travel freely within the Schengen area

• No need to buy a property in Spain

• Up to 5 years of residence without working in Spain

• After 5 years of residence in Spain, possibility to apply for permanent residency and later for citizenship

TIMEFRAME Two to five months once application and all required documents are submitted.


If you meet the requirements listed below, you are eligible to apply for the Spanish Non-Lucrative Residency Permit :

•You are a non European national ;
•You are of legal age (over 18);
•You have No Criminal record;
•You are free of any contagious disease as per Intl. Health Regulation;
•You have not entered or stayed irregularly in Spanish territory;
•You have not been refused entry in any of the Schengen countries;
•You are able to proof source of your own funds;
•You have enough financial resources to live in Spain for the period of residence for you and your direct family members (at least 26.000€/year per the applicant and at least 7.000€ for each additional direct family member (spouse, children of minor age);
•You are able to have a valid health insurance policy in Spain;
•You have or will have a place to live in Spain (purchase, rental, etc.);
•If purchasing a property, able to pay the applicable property purchase taxes and fees (approx. 15%) over the purchasing price.


Note* We suggest you always use a specialized lawyer.

Even if it may seem “easy” to do it and there is the temptation to prepare everything by oneself, it is tricky, reason why so many Visa requests are denied.

So that you can understand, if it would be easy, nobody would call a lawyer to do the papers, no? Everything that implies working with the Authorities implies lots of preparation, knowledge and experience, as lots of time we risk way more than the fee that we avoid to pay to the lawyer; for instance, if you have this visa denied, in several Spanish Consulates around the world it will be seen as a “bad mark” and would complicate your future visa requests for all the Schengen area for up to 6 months!! So yes, we do suggest you contact a lawyer specialized in immigration issues if you really intend to do things correctly. Best of luck!

Legal Tip*

Always hire a LEGIT Professional: Be sure you hire a legit lawyer or gestor, and not just any self named specialist that cannot guarrantee you a perfect assistance, nor can he respond for his work or doings. A Lawyer /Gestor is tied to Deontological rules, he can be punished if doing wrong in his job and at same, he has a compulsory liability Insurance to respond and pay for his mistakes. This responsability is by law, imposed to all Lawyers and Gestores working in Spain; and if your chosen expert is not in one of those two Professions, you better stay away (or knowingly accept the risks).

In order to know if a Lawyer is legit, you can find about it here:

In order to know if a Gestor is legit, you can find about it here:

Feel free  to CONTACT us if you wish. Our team will be happy to assist you. Thank you for your trust in our Lawyers Network!

Join our Community around the world:

Please feel free to  Contact us, we will be happy to assist you during all the process in Spain.

+34 654 904 735

 More Services

Practice Areas: AyAlex is formed by lawyers and advisors specialized in different areas of law: Civil, Administrative, Commercial, Tax, Labor, Criminal, etc. and International Private Law.

AYALEX LAWYERS & CONSULTANTS is part of MyLA (My Lawyer, an international network of independent lawyers in different Countries, serving similar sectors and sharing common standards.

We are able to offer a multi-country or cross border service to international customers. The members of the network have come together to offer professional services at the highest standards.

Business Assets, Children, Divorce, Collaborative Divorce, Collaborative Family Law, y Collaborative Law, Collaborative Lawyer, Court Judge, Court Proceedings, Divorce Proceedings, Court System, Divorce Law, Divorce Lawyer, y Divorce Lawyers, Divorce Mediation y, Divorce Mediator, Divorce Separation, Divorce Settlement, Divorce Solicitor, Divorce Solicitors, Divorce With Dignity, Email, Family Disputes, Family Lawyer, Family Mediation, Feelings, Financial Settlement, Guidance Information, Meetings, Inheritance, Will, y Law, Love and Marriage, Mediator, Parenting, Parenting Classes, Parents, Reassurance, Resolution, Legal Website, Lawyers website, Separation And Divorce, Separation Divorce Solicitor, Spending Time, Truth International Divorce, Mixed Marriage, International Marriage, International child abduction y, Divorce Lawyer in y, Lawyer in English in y, Lawyers in y, English attorneys in y, Barristers y, Solicitors in y, y law firm, Attorneys y, Law firm y,  rental agreement, Attorneys y,  will, y lawyers, Personal injury legal advice,  solicitor,  lawyers,  lawyer, y lawyers,  property prices, Car accident layers in y,  will,  lawyers, Inheritance tax y, Buying land in y, House repossessions, Accidents claims, Rented house insurance, I need a bank account in y, Sale in , Option to buy contract, Expats in y, Mobility services in y, Relocation companies y, Legal services, Free tax lawyer advice, Buying property in y, How to tax lawyers y, Child custody in y, Divorce with children in y, Divorce in y, In need a lawyer in y, Criminal case y, Legal advice in y, International trade Lawyers y, Car traffic accidents y, taxation law y, Export y, Import y, Sales Agents Contract y, Distributor Contract y, Distribution Agreement y,  solicitor,  solicitors, y solicitors, Solicitors y,  lawyers, Inheritance y, Wills y, Casa rural y, Property prices in y,  inheritance tax,  house prices,  wills, Inheritance y,  solicitors, Solicitors y, y real estate market, Inheritance y,  will, Mortgages in y,  power of attorney, y land, Buy a house in y, Buy a villa in y, Mortgages in y, Move to y, Set up a  businesses, Set up a business in y, Voluntary repossession,  business lawyers, Time share sellers, Attorney y, Legal advice y, English speaking lawyers in y, Property lawyers y, Online solicitors advice,  taxes, Lawyer international, Lawyers service, International real estate lawyer, Multi service law firm, International Lawyers Network.

About the author: AYALEX Abogados

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.